Cool ways to rotate a generator to produce electricity?

It’s for a project. Maybe there is some wasted source of energy out there that can be harvested.

Energy can be generated in different ways. It is not always necessary to rotate a generator to produce power. For instance, take solar energy.

I assume for your project, you want to generate electricity using a generator. The traditional methods for rotating a generator are wind and flowing water. You may use the generator to harvest power from the wheels of your bike/bicycle and use that power to light up the headlight of your bike, like a dynamo.

Let me think about it. As I get more ideas, I will update this topic.

4 Likes

Thank you! Yes it’s for our project and the source of energy has to be a result of human activity.

1 Like

I know this is an old post and I’m not fully clear about your application, however I’ve always wondered about how much energy could be generated from gym equipment. Treadmills, exercise bikes, rowing machines- basically any of them that have linear or rotational movement as the output in large quantities. Could it be enough to charge a phone and have a phone charging bank cabinet or something available for patrons? Or even charge a battery bank to power the lights or some other building infrastructure?

1 Like