E Waste Management Machine

Hey Guys me and my IP teacher were discussing a machine to manage E-waste in our city for the design I thought firstly there’d be like the master Conveyor belt where you dump all the ewaste there will be another conveyor belt besides it and there would be a strong magnet attached to it so the metallic waste will be pulled on to the second belt the problem I’m facing is that I need a sensor
That can detect and differentiate between various kinds ot ewastes in order to seperate it figuring out how to separate it would be easy but about the sensor I’m stuck could you guys suggest any sensors?

1 Like

Hi Danny,

What are you going to separate from what? E-wastes are complex and it’s management too. So seperating them is pretty complex, given what yo are going to separate. I am not sure if there are any sensors for identifying materials from e-wastes.

2 Likes

What is E-Waste ? I don’t understand it, and what would you trying to separate from ?

1 Like

E-waste means electronic wastes. Separating e-wastes is part of e-waste management.

11qOk your gonna have to start with disassembly that’s the issue with ewaste most of it gathered by people is still in a form that needs a lot of work to be. Refinable let’s call it condition basically boards have to be removed depopulated and components need to be sorted .It’s possible ai because unless your decommissioning alot of the same or similar products at once it idk if ya sorted it into catagorys like laptops line 1 phones line 2 servers 3 ect you could make disassembly but easier depopulation is usually done in like ovens that shake after that you could at least roughly sort components like Dallas switches timers getting mixed in with you ic chips and such pins may just be hard to sort cus there kinda heavy and small magnetic ones be easyish idk if I thought on it a while I could come up with a better list of issues and such but ya most things have enough steel in them that the magnetic separation won’t help that much if ya shred em I guess but idk use water to separate the plastic then ya mostly down to wire board fragments aluminum

1 Like