How to make simple EMP (Pulse Generator)?

Hello everyone, Today I will show you how to make an EMP or better to say pulse generator at home. It’s so easy to make and hope it will be useful for you guys. If you have any question or suggestion, please feel free to comment on my youtube video and please don’t forget to like and subscribe to my YouTube channel.

Click here for full tutorial and source code.
Click here to visit my Instagram.

Note: An EMP/Pulse generator may cause unrepairable damages to electronics devices. You will be responsible for any damage caused, thus proceed with caution when dealing with this device. The device is not intended for any kind of malicious purposes, doing so is illegal. The tutorial is only for educational purpose.

What is an EMP?

An electromagnetic pulse ( EMP ), also sometimes called a transient electromagnetic disturbance, is a short burst of electromagnetic energy. Such a pulse’s origin may be a natural occurrence or man-made and can occur as a radiated, electric or magnetic field or a conducted electric current, depending on the source.

EMP interference is generally disruptive or damaging to electronic equipment, and at higher energy levels a powerful EMP event such as a lightning strike can damage physical objects such as buildings and aircraft structures. The management of EMP effects is an important branch of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) engineering.

Required Components:

1. wire
  2. high voltage generator
  3. battery
  4. capacitor
  5. switch
  6. resistor

Important:

Coil: The lower the number of coil windings, the better the result will be.
High voltage Generator: It’s not necessary to have a very high voltage supply. I have used a 3V supply for this project. You have to arrange a high voltage supply if you want to make a device with much powerful EMP output.

Formula to calculate the values of the Capacitor & Inductor .

resonant-frequency
If you do not have a good connection with the calculations, use an error test and be careful because there is a potential for a capacitor explosion. But for such a project, it’s a good idea to use a second circuit that’s simple.

Circuit Diagram:

bandicam%202019-07-28%2001-34-31-725

Completed Design:

Reference

1. wikipedia.org
  2. youtube.com