"No target connected" message on keil

Hello,

I have started with STM32CubeMx that generates a code on KEIL. I have configured all things so that I can blink a Led, The matter is that when I go to the debug mode, I have the following message : “No target connected”. I do not know how to deal with that.
Someone can help please?
Thanks!!!

Unplug and try reconnecting the hardware to see if the error is still there.

Okay I will do that. Now I have to start again the project because I have made a mistake.

1 Like

Hello, I still Have the same problem. Please Find attached where Is it from

I have solved the half of the matter by dowloading the STM-LINK required but now I have the screen attached :

Do you have an idea about where the problem is from now?

1 Like

Can you open up the device manager in your PC and see if a COM port is assigned to your STM32 board, when plugged in?

1 Like

A COM port is assigned to my STM32 board, when I plug in.

1 Like

While trying to fix my problem, I have noticed these points :

1. First in the st link utility when I want to upgrade to the firmware, I have the following screen :

2. Second, I unfortunately find out from KEIL that there is the following issue :

3. Third, When I plug out the programmer, I find out from KEIL that there is no st - link connection error anymore but the Devise is shown :

4. Unfortunately, the st-link will be disconnected and I can’t still upgrade the firmware and from the st link utilily, when I start again some manipulation, the same error comes back and it’s a loop

1 Like

Are you using an external ST-Link or Onboard STlink?

1 Like

an external St - link

1 Like

What power supply are you using for STM32 board? Is it connected to any power source??

1 Like

I am using a baterry charger of 12v that allows me to supply my STM32 board

1 Like

I recently try to blink the STM32 led and it worked well, but when it comes to blinking a led from a breabord, it doesn’t work

1 Like

I think this is because of the 12V input voltage you supply across the Vin Pin. I am not sure though. See the below screenshot (NUCLEO-F103RB nucleo board user manual). Can you lower the voltage around 7V or try connecting the nucleo board to a PCs USB port to see if its working.

12V power

1 Like

thanks for sharing. Okay I will do thta and let you know about what will happen.

1 Like

Before supplying a lower voltage than 12v I wanted to let you know that I am not using an evaluation board and I do not think that it is a nucleo one. Yet, it does not have a st-link inside like in the stm32f103rb. I use an external programmer (st link V2-1) in oder to load the code from my stm32f103RDT6.

1 Like

Do you find any model number on your evaluation board? Can you share a picture of the board?

1 Like

It is an industrial board.

1 Like

All the industrial board has a model number. If you can find the board model number perhaps I get the schematics for you. Just post a picture of the board.

1 Like

Well, I have the board and the datasheet. If it better I can send that too.

1 Like